A few days ago my infectiously happy friend posted a blog with 100 things that make her happy. You can read it here http://www.iaminfectiouslyhappy.com/. She challenged everyone that read it to create there own list. I stepped up to this challenge. (it’s tougher then it sounds) However I had no intention of sharing this list with all of you. It was a very personal thing when I started it. But after reading my friends list and numerous others by people I have never met, I decided to share the love. And I challenge all of you to create your own list. Because it’s not just about listing things that make you happy. Its about taking the time to remember them and smile with each memory. Or in the words of peter pan “remember your happy thoughts”. I’m sure you are going to learn a few things about me after reading this list. You might see some things that don’t make a lot of sense or you might see some things we have in common. Just know that I poured my heart out and was 100% real in writing it. This is me. And I hope I can inspire you to find your happy thoughts today.
100 reasons for happiness.
- Taking pictures
- The sound of the wind blowing through my granddaddy’s pine trees. They really do sound like they are whispering.
- Making little kids laugh
- The sun shining on my shoulders.
- Sitting on the beach.
- Listening to my son play.
- Slow dances on New Years Eve.
- Nail polish, nail polish and more nail polish
- Junking with my best friend.
10. My orange camera bag
11. Encouraging other moms
12. Making my husband laugh his “real” laugh
13. Singing worship songs
14. Taking old furniture and making it new again.
15. Airports, I don’t care where I’m going just the whole experience of going to the airport and passing other people who are on their own adventures.
16. Taking walks.
17. Looking at my website and remembering all the beautiful babies I’ve been able to photograph.
18. My prayer time.
19. Helping other people organize.
20. Summer nights
21. The way the tree in my yard looks when it is full of pink flowers against my green house.
22. The color green.
23. Going through other peoples junk and finding my own treasure.
24. Planning a birthday party or any kind of party for that matter.
26. Birthday beach bash with my husband
27. Finding something awesome at a thrift store.
28. Really good food.
29. Art (of all kinds)
30. Surprise gifts.
31. Riding in the car with the windows down.
32. Spontaneous family dance parties.
33. Making someone else feel better.
34. The way the wind blows on the beach
35. Mix matched patterns
36. Vintage costume jewelry.
37. The smell of newborn diapers fresh out of the package.
38. Cuddling brand new babies to sleep.
39. Making my son laugh hysterically.
40. Golf cart rides in the summer
41. My shelf that holds my “small things” collection.
42. All of my random collections
43. Anything DIY
44. Winning at the beach baseball game!!!
45. Fresh flower bouquets.
46. Dates in the middle of the day.
47. Anne of Green Gables
48. Listening to john Denver in the house with the windows open
49. New Fossil purses
50. Finding things I need on clearance
51. Smiles from strangers
53. Using my wedding china
54. All things harry potter
55. A really good book
56. Fun socks
57. Snow ball bushes
58. Diamonds and all things sparkly
59. Old black and white photos
60. Cotton candy
61. Randomly wearing my wedding veil around the house.
62. Carolina blue sky’s
63. Dia de los muertos
64. Redneck valentines date
65. Eric’s blue eyes
67. Finding cool props for free!
69. Hand written thank you notes
70. Sitting by the pool playing gin.
71. Diet coke in a cup with ice and a straw
72. Baby announcements
73. Metrolina expo
75. Being outside
76. Carolina beach music
78. Solving a problem
79. Antique stores
80. The Muppets
81. Charleston with my love
82. Pistachio frozen yogurt
83. Dreams about my granddaddy
84. The smell of tea tree shampoo
85. Figuring out a way to make something that I saw in a store
86. Mary jo’s fabric store
87. My grandma’s rose’s
88. William Holden
89. Listening to Emory’s prayers.
90. Taking the back roads to myrtle beach
91. Endless summer fun days
92. Front porch’s
93. My friends
94. Getting letters in the mail
95. A comfy bed
96. Kisses on the cheek
97. Adventura Spa Palace
98. Holding hands
100. family adventure’s
Thanks for taking the time to read this friends. and if you decide to make your own list I encourage you to share it with someone.